Before a trial begins we are able to state a reliable number of patients willing to sign up, and can therefore provide a guaranteed number
of participants. Common sense dictates that patients are not actually recruited until the trial starts.
In over 90% of the trials for which recruitment was completed by January 2011 we were able to either meet or exceed the agreed recruitment target. More patients than expected were recruited.
To give our client dependable information,
- the protocol is thoroughly examined
- we make a realistic estimation of our capacities
- we go through possible recruitment actions
- initial contact is made with referring practitioners
- we draw on our lengthy experience.
Patient recruitment is a sensitive subject. Our knowledge and experience enable us to realistically assess the options that will give you as contracting body and head of trials the planning reliability you need.